AACP Vision Statement
The American Academy of Craniofacial Pain will continue to be the organization promoting advancement of knowledge in Craniofacial Pain, Temporomandibular Disorders, and Dental Sleep Medicine by providing a common ground for clinical practice and research to professionals for the benefit of the public.
AACP Mission Statement
The American Academy of Craniofacial Pain is committed to the relief of craniofacial pain, temporomandibular disorders and dental sleep related disorders and supporting the advancement of education, research and dissemination of knowledge and skills in these areas.
- To elevate and enhance the professional standards of diagnosis and treatment in the field of craniofacial pain and temporomandibular disorders;
- To encourage research and further study of craniofacial pain and temporomandibular disorders;
- For the benefit of the public to recognize those professionals who have specialized knowledge and skills in the diagnosis and treatment of craniofacial and temporomandibular disorders;
- To promote and improve professional levels of competency within this field of health care;
- To encourage the highest standards of excellence for practitioners in the field;
- To issue Fellowship certificates to members of the Academy who have successfully fulfilled the requirements for said status regardless of age, race, creed, sex, color or national origin;
- To establish criteria and administer a program for the recertification of individuals who have been granted Fellowship;
- To provide and/or approve ongoing and continuing education to the practitioners in this field, the appropriate allied medical fields, and the public at large; and
- To establish, maintain and disseminate a comprehensive directory of Academy members for distribution to members of the dental and medical professions.
Guiding Principles, Values and Beliefs
The American Academy of Craniofacial Pain believes that:
- The dentist is the primary oral health care provider.
- Craniofacial Pain health care should be based on scientific principles and clinical judgment.
- The AACP is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values and embraces diversity. This enables the AACP to be more responsive to the needs and perspectives of its members.
- The AACP will strive to eliminate barriers to the utilization of Craniofacial Pain/TMD treatment.
Code of Ethics
|American Academy of Craniofacial Pain|
380 Ice Center Lane, Suite #C
Bozeman, MT 59718 USA
| || |
|INSIDE USA - Phone|
AACP Central Office Business Numbers:
Main: 833-641-AACP (2227, toll-free)
|OUTSIDE USA - Phone|
AACP Central Office:
Main: 0101 833-641-AACP (2227)
Fax: 0101 406-587-2451